Nowadays, there are a number of home security systems available in the market. You can install yourself or ask a handyman to install it. There are many benefits of installing security cameras at your home and business premises. The crimes and theft activities are increasing day by day, especially in the Greater Toronto Area, and surrounding cities, so why not to add an extra layer of security to your lifestyle.
Some common questions regarding security Camera Installation in Brampton and GTA
And more you read in this article:
The main benefits of installing a home monitoring system are:
The next battle of life is choosing the best home monitoring system. Should we go with the monthly fee based home monitoring plans?. Or buy our own system and bear a one time purchase cost and installation expenses?. Which home security system is better?.Wired, wireless or wire-free? What must have features in our home security system?
If we choose the company installed and monitored monthly -fee based home monitoring systems, we enjoy the following benefits. Or the benefits of monthly fee based home monitoring systems are.
Reliable advice. If you calculate the upfront cost and monthly fee, they both are the same. Most providers in the Greater Toronto Area charge you around $30/Month for the basic home security system. So you end up paying $720 in two years. On the other hand you can buy the similar system for $500.
The best monthly – fee based home security system service provider companies in the Greater Toronto Area are listed in the table below, feel free to choose the best provider
If you do not want to go with the contracts and subscriptions, you can buy your own home security system. So what are the benefits of owning a home security system? They are.
The next question is how many cameras do I need for home security? And where should outdoor security cameras be placed?.
The number of cameras depends on the size and type of the house. 5 outdoor and 2 indoor cameras are enough for monitoring a detached house. The optimal choices to place the home security cameras are one at the garage, one on the front door, one in the backyard capturing the patio door and two on first floor windows on each side.
The best place to install indoor home security cameras are front door, back door and the kitchen. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 81% of burglars enter through the front door. One indoor security camera in the kitchen can save us against fire, smoke, and any misbehave of any electrical equipment in your absence.
For a semi-detached house, 4 outdoor and 2 indoor cameras are sufficient and 3 outdoor and 2 indoor cameras can secure a townhouse.
What type of outdoor security cameras are best for home security?
Lest see the comparison Wired, Wireless or Wire-Free?
|Power||Plugged or POE||Plugged||Battery|
|No of Cameras Supported||4 to any
|4 to 16||4 to 16|
|Storage||Local or Cloud||Fewer local options, mostly cloud||Fewer local options, mostly cloud|
|Camera Security||Vandal-proof, Fixed hardwired||Wired||Magnetic Attached|
|Motion Feature||PTZ, motion sensor, sharp spotlight,siren||PTZ, motion sensor, spotlight, siren||spotlight, siren|
|Recording||Audio, Video, 4K||Audio, Video, 4K||Audio, Video, 4K|
|Life||Longest life, Hardwired ruff system|
You do not need to run separate wires for power and internet signal, if you buy POE powered cameras.
The main advantages to wired home security camera systems are.
Advice Buy a POE powered wired home security camera system, run only one wire for power and signal.
The best wired home security camera systems are.
|No. of Cameras||16||8||4||4||16|
|Connection||Analog Wired||POE Wired||POE Wired||POE + Power option||POE + Power option|
|2-Way Audio Recording||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Color Night Vision||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Motion Detection wtih siren||Yes||Yes|
|Operating Temprature||-22°F (-30°C) to 140°F (60°C)||-22°F ~ 131°F||-22°F ~ 131°F||-22°F ~ 131°F||-22°F ~ 131°F|
The wireless and wire-free camera system has its own comfort zone. The following are the main reasons of buying a wireless system over wired
Top Security Camera Features to Consider Before Buying
*. Video Recording Size – Buy the best video maker camera system, fortunately, the 4K video recording camera system is available in the market. 4K video takes up a lot of space, 1 hour 4K video takes up an average of 100 gigs of space. But this space can be expanded depending on usage. That means 100 gigs of video of about 1 week can be recorded in 100 spaces. This requires some settings in the camera system, which can be adjusted to suit your needs.
* Night Recording Camera System: Night recording system is great for the security of your home and business. There is a system on the market today that records colours at night and has an automatic target light.
* Motion detection system: Motion detection is the most special feature of a device. The settings of a motion detection system are quite complex, depending on what type of motion you choose to detect and record, such as the movement of animals, the movement of humans and vehicles. Motion detection settings can be tailored to your needs, such as, if you live on a farm, you will also record the movements of animals approaching the house, but most of the city is occupied by humans and vehicles. Need to keep an eye out.
* Siren system: The siren system alerts you if any movement occurs outside your motion detection system.
* Face recognition system: You can store your and your family’s faces in the camera system under this system. The facial recognition camera system does not bother you by repeatedly sending alarms, only notifying you when an unknown face appears.
* Audio feature -. If an advertiser, a home seller, or a parcel dealer comes to the door, you can see and talk without opening the door. There are three types of voice camera systems available in the market
# One sided audio – The audio flow in this type of camera system is only one-sided. This camera system is not very popular.
# Two-way audio – The 4K camera system with two-way audio is quite safe for the home. In this type of camera system, you can talk to the person coming in the door or in front of another camera without opening the door.
# With two-way audio recording – this type of camera system is the best. Because in such a system you can record video as well as audio. You can talk to anyone who comes to your door without opening the door and even recording the conversation.
# Camera system equipped with #PTZ utility – This utility is available in most wired camera systems. This feature allows the camera to tilt, rotate and auto-zoom when needed. Depending on your settings, the camera can rotate, auto zoom and record objects when a stranger arrives.
# Storage system: There are generally two types of storage systems available in the market.
* Cloud Storage – Most wireless systems are equipped with a cloud storage system. Normally 5 to 25 GB of storage space is free, but for more than that, you have to buy a monthly plan.
* Local Storage – Many wireless systems such as Arlo, and almost all wired systems offer local storage. As mentioned earlier, as far as possible, buy a camera system with local storage, as you have control over your footage, and you can increase the storage capacity as you wish, without having to pay a monthly fee.
# Smart Assistant Compatibility: Home Security systems are both Wired and Wireless Smart Assistant Compatible. Only buy Alexa compatible systems if your home has Davis, TVs, smart speakers and displays compatible with Amazon. But the good news is that most systems come compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Home Kit.
# Camera system for monitoring fire, smoke, carbon monoxide and gas leaks: This feature is needed in the internal camera system. This feature is available in both camera systems.
# Weather Proof Camera System: Almost every camera system is temperature adjustable. The temperature adjusted system is measured with ip(ingress protection), the larger the number of ip ratings the better. A home camera system with an ip66 or ip67 rating is usually the best.
Now we have installed the best home security camera system, now the question arises How to vandal-proof security cameras? How do I keep my security cameras being stolen? How to keep your outdoor security cameras from being tampered with?
Yes there are ways to keep security cameras safe from thieves and burglars.
More tips, diagrams, infographics and specific QA on installing a home security camera system are available in related articles in each section.
Get Your Free Quotation, Today! Or Call us at +1 (437) 238-8119